#Chlorine in the pool on Menorca holiday made my feet bleed #Usa #Miami #Nyc #Houston #Uk #Es

#Chlorine in the pool on Menorca holiday made my feet bleed #Usa #Miami #Nyc #Houston #Uk #Es

More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors


A British holidaymaker has told how he swam in a hotel pool at a Spanish hotel so over-filled with chlorine that it caused his skin to crack and even start bleeding.

Callum Owen, 20, says he got out of the water at the Tui hotel and left a trail of blood from the soles of his feet – and his swimming trunks changed colour. 

Both he and a four-year-old boy at Tui’s Marina Parc Hotel in Menorca were affected by the incident which prompted an investigation.  

Callum was later told by medics that blood vessels in his feet had ‘popped’ because chlorine in the pool was too strong.

The boy, who has not been named, in Mr Owen’s party also needed medical help after his skin reacted to the toxic pool chemicals.

Callum and his family say the chlorine incident was the nadir of the holiday from hell that their 10-night stay at the three star hotel became.

They claim they suffered food poisoning after being served raw meat, they found a dead hedgehog in a swimming pool and they were given connecting rooms with another family and could hear them using the loo.

Tui has since compensated the family after telling him how to claim from their insurance company for the damage to his feet.

Callum Owen (pictured with family), 20, says he got out of the water at the Tui hotel and left a trail of blood from the soles of his feet - and his swimming trunks changed colour

Callum Owen (pictured with family), 20, says he got out of the water at the Tui hotel and left a trail of blood from the soles of his feet - and his swimming trunks changed colour

Callum Owen (pictured with family), 20, says he got out of the water at the Tui hotel and left a trail of blood from the soles of his feet – and his swimming trunks changed colour

Callum was later told by medics that blood vessels in his feet had 'popped' because chlorine in the pool was too strong (one of his feet pictured)

Callum was later told by medics that blood vessels in his feet had 'popped' because chlorine in the pool was too strong (one of his feet pictured)

Callum was later told by medics that blood vessels in his feet had ‘popped’ because chlorine in the pool was too strong (one of his feet pictured) 

Electrician Owen said: ‘I had been in and out of the pool for about three hours – we were all playing a ball game.

‘I got out to fetch the ball and another holiday maker said: ‘Hey mate, your feet are bleeding.

‘I looked down and saw a trail of blood, it was coming from the soles of my feet.’

Everyone scrambled out of the pool which was shut down for an hour while staff cleaned the blood left by Owen and other holidaymakers.

But they watched in horror as more chlorine was poured into the pool from 10-litre plastic drums.

Owen, on holiday with partner Telina Colwill, said: ‘They didn’t check the chlorine levels, they didn’t seem to know what they were doing.

‘I used some of my little girl’s Sudocrem to ease the pain but I was hobbling around for six days, I couldn’t put any pressure of my toes.

‘A family with a four-year-old boy demanded the hotel got a doctor and he said the chlorine levels had caused blood vessels to pop.’

Telina wore socks to protect her feet when she used the pool the next day and the chlorine ate through the material.

The couple and their 18-month-old little girl Harper flew to Menorca on May 1 along with Owen’s parents Christopher and Nicola Jones and their three daughters Ella, 15, Freya, 14, and Finnley, 10,

Tallina's socks that she wore to the pool that burned through the material due to the high chlorine levels

Tallina's socks that she wore to the pool that burned through the material due to the high chlorine levels

Tallina’s socks that she wore to the pool that burned through the material due to the high chlorine levels 

The group paid £5,000 for the all-inclusive trip and had spent six-months looking forward to all being together in the Spanish sunshine.

But they said the holiday was so bad they tried to fly home early at their own expense and they were not the only unhappy guests at the three- star Marina Parc.

Unemployment adviser Telina, 22, said: ‘When a Tui rep arrived there was a queue of at least 30 people wanting to register complaints.

‘She was supposed to finish at 5pm but she was still there four hours later.

‘But we spent a lot eating out because the food in the restaurant was unsafe. There was blood oozing out of the pork which was the only meat on offer.

‘We chose the hotel because it was very child friendly and when we booked online it said there was a buffet on a low table for little ones to eat from.

‘For the first few nights there was nothing on it, then all they did was put adult food on the children’s table.

‘We also liked the look of the water park on the Tui website but when Owen went on one of the slides his green swimming shorts went black.’

Christopher, 41, and Nicola, 42, and their three daughters were moved from their first room because they could hear the conversations of the family in the connecting room and even worse heard them using the toilet.

One of their party is a Type-1 diabetic but the hotel had no sugar free soft drinks but promised: ‘They are on order’.

The family, from Caerphilly, South Wales, took photographs of their holiday from hell and want to warn other Brits to stay clear of the Marina Parc.

Both he and a four-year-old boy at Tui's Marina Parc Hotel in Menorca were affected by the incident which prompted an investigation

Both he and a four-year-old boy at Tui's Marina Parc Hotel in Menorca were affected by the incident which prompted an investigation

Both he and a four-year-old boy at Tui’s Marina Parc Hotel in Menorca were affected by the incident which prompted an investigation

Telina said: ‘We had looked forward to it for so long but it really was the holiday from hell.

‘We’ve since heard that Tui are offering alternative hotels to holidaymakers who have booked the Marina Parc. I would advise them to stay anywhere but there.’

Other holidaymakers at the hotel have left one star reviews on the Tripadvisor website after complaints about the food, mould in their rooms and dangerous chlorine levels in the pool.

A Tui spokesperson said: ‘We are sorry to hear about the holidaymaker’s experience at Marina Parc in Menorca. The health and safety of our customers is always our highest priority.

‘Our team in resort were in contact with the party during their holiday and offered support. Our health and safety team are also investigating the issues raised in close collaboration with the hotel.

‘Since their return, we have been in direct contact with them to offer compensation, which has been accepted.’

Source: | This article originally belongs to Dailymail.co.uk




More results...

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
error: WEBFI NETWORK website Protection and Privacy for Publishers. This content may not be copied.